Friday, July 22, 2016

Hellos are in order!

Hi everyone!  When it comes to blogging about education, this is definitely my first time at the rodeo!  You're going to have to bear with me as I figure out all of the ins and outs.  I'm not sure how all of this works, but I'm going to do my best to make this relevant and worthwhile for any potential readers out there!

I started this blog for three reasons.  First, (not trying to toot my own horn) I think I have some pretty great ideas for classroom methods and I want to share them with anyone out there willing to listen.  I feel like I have some FABULOUS ideas for the coming school year and I want to use this as an interface to share them, as well as think them out as clearly as possible.  I am not suggesting that under any circumstances all of my ideas will be completely unique and never done before, but I do think that even the same idea can be done 100 times in 100 different ways--it all depends on the educator in the classroom.  

Second, I feel like many blogs by teachers out there aren't as descriptive as they can be--meaning, they give us the gist when it comes to great ideas, like flexible seating, but don't disclose all of the information in terms of organization, implementation, and pitfalls. There is always something missing to me; my goal is to be very clear on every step of the process in whatever I do.

Third, I want questions and suggestions! Why limit myself to one brain when I can have so many more questioning me or offering suggestions to help me take my ideas to the next level.

For my first post, I just want to introduce myself and give you some insight into where I teach and how I teach.  So, here goes!

Well, my name is Miss Chmura and this is my third year teaching.  I know I am by no means an expert in the field, but I do have a serious passion for the job and my children.  My first year teaching, I taught first grade.  From there, I moved up to fifth grade and found my place in fifth!  I love the content, the possibilities, and-of course-the students!  I teach at an elementary school in Las Vegas, Nevada.  I teach at a Title I school near the downtown area.  The community I teach in is amazing in SO many ways, and you'll get to see exactly how as time goes on through my posts.    

I like to push boundaries and stretch limits when I teach.  (I'm definitely more of an ask for forgiveness, not permission, person.)  I like to think of grandiose ideas when it comes to a topic and have my team, other teachers, and administration talk me through it to help take it from an outrageous, over the top idea into a reality.  My tool of choice in the classroom is novelty!  I love out of the box thinking and lots of songs, motion, and out of the ordinary teaching strategies.  Again, you'll probably see this as time goes on in my posts.

Well, I think that is all that is relevant for right now! If you have any questions, make sure to comment!  I can't wait to get posting and have some amazing collaboration happening among us all!  

No comments:

Post a Comment